PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to fly with Death?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2008, 07:00
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now, can we get back to some petty bickering? Someone start an argument!
With pleasure, as it happens!!

MidgetBoy,

However, I do believe when you hit that golden age of 60, just go in to the Transportation office and hand in your license. It's the age to stop and retire a passion, if not, atleast fly with someone else who is capable of landing an aircraft too.
You can believe in fairies at the bottom of the garden if you like. And it doesn't bother me. Your statement above is equally ridiculous. I'm 59, mate. I've passed every medical - 6 monthly till recently, remember - with flying colours. I haven't been to a doctor with anything wrong in...about 10 years I think. I haven't even had a cold for longer than I can remember. I'm a Mensa member, and my brain works as well as it ever did - which was probably better than yours. I'm a current instructor, so I think my reactions are probably faster than they were many years ago - from practice, because students try to kill me rather frequently.

So please, please tell me, kiddo.....in a few short months when you think I should take some young, inexperienced, and probably unhealthy beer-swilling-and-fags-smoking whippersnaper with me to land my twitchy little R22 if necessary......just who on earth should I trust more than myself???????

Gloves off, argument commences!!!!!! (Yes, I know it's one we've had many times, but who cares?) I'll meet you at dawn, MidgetBoy; choose your weapon. Oh, and I should mention I have a very logical brain, great ability to express myself in words, and the staying ability of the average terrier, so I don't lose arguments unless I want to.

(But I am away for the next two days, so you have lots of time....Byeeee )