PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Insulting Nigerian Aviation on Pprune
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2008, 04:39
surely not

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well after 4 days off, and not spending all my time on the Internet I feel I have to respond to Jamex and his attacks on me.

I note your good advice to friend Balewa and can only wander at your own agenda. He starts the stone hurling exercise every time and every time you feel compelled to jump to his defence! Why is this?
Read my first response again Jamex as you obviously didn't read it properly the first time. I said very clearly that I thought his approach as laid out in his opening post, was wrong and likely to inflame not heal any rifts. Hardly defending his position is it?

You correctly guess that my skin colour is white. So what? Does that fact have some special meaning to you? I don't give a toss about people's race, colour, religion, social standing, job or similar benchmark. If I like a person I like them as a whole not for some superficial reason. You are white, same as me, but I doubt we'd become close friends because from your posts on here I don't think we'd get on.

Why does someone need an agenda to comment against you? Are you following an agenda when you comment?

You complain about people using the 'racist' comment at the drop of a hat, yet it is you that has brought my skin colour into the argument, no one else has. You also say you are proud to be a white South African. Why can't you be proud just to be South African? For whatever reason you bring skin colour and race into this topic as frequently as Balewa. In my view you are both as wrong as each other to marginalise things in this way.

Nigerians are well aware of the faults in their country. They have to suffer them daily at work and at leisure. Why should this stop them from getting upset when people start to denigrate their country and people with terms of abuse? I am sure you would react strongly if someone started to call Jo'burg a hell hole, yet there are signs up at junctions warning it is a car jacking black spot. I was warned about 'spark plugging' and never to leave anything valuable visible on the seat of a car. The hotel I stayed in was robbed by armed gunmen...........and no it wasn't in a rough area, it was in Fourways.

However I wouldn't condemn South Africa in the same vitriolic ways that you and a couple of others condemn Nigeria. The Nigerians on here acknowledge that their country is far from perfect, what really upsets them is the tone used by others when highlighting and exaggerating the problems.

I won't be troubling you on the mobile as I feel it would be a waste of money. PM's on here will suffice.