PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB initial report out on BA B777 crash at LHR
Old 21st Jan 2008, 21:31
bilderberger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
questions for ppruners

I have been informed by a source that the a/c did not run out of fuel. How much was in the tanks? I have not been able to find any official mention of this ..has anyone seen the figures or is this speculation.

Could a cup of coffee in the throttle area cause such a failure or would it at least leave the engines running but perhaps affect throttle response. The Fadecs are separate and would not in usch a circumstance shut the engines down...might alter power but surely not stop? I am always inistent that drinks go over my shoulder away from the panel just in case and in fact though that is the brief they often forget.

You would expect fuel contam to have affected more than one a/c as ha happened before and then earlier in the trip. The tanks usually mix the fuel well enough , so would the problem have occurred much earlier?

The temp on the day was plus 8...too high for icing ???especially at this stage of the flight. Would you say its still likely at that temp.

The engines seem to have stopped in a staggered fashion the left seems to have been rotating more than the right. what does this indicate?

what are your feelings