PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F/O on a 737 at just 19
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2008, 20:58
BerksFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you guys serious? I would imagine that the reason he`s in the paper is because someone (possibly a reporter) has noticed how young he was and thought hey, that`ll make a good article. Pilot training costs are phenomenol these days, How else are you going pay for it besides help from your folks? Good on him I say, he`s doing well and lets face: experience is great, but proper training and common sense goes along way to making a safe operation.
Most make it without their folks being the chief pilot or being on the bankroll.

But to be fair to the lad, he's played the hand he's dealt and there's nothing wrong with that. The only thing is that most wish they had it on a plate as much as this.

I think this thread is taken out of context anyway, afterall we all know how little a grip the papers have on aviation, especially local papers (like the one this story started out in). It was obviously a slow news day and the journo thought (with his complete lack of knowledge of how to get into the RHS of an airliner), hmmm I didn't know you could do that at 19, that's worth a story and BANG there it is, and here's this thread