PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2008, 18:16
Marty172

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TCX Interview

Hi Ronaldo,

The Thomas Cook interview is nothing to worry about. The recruitment team do their best to put you at ease and it is a relaxed & friendly day. When you are arrive, you are shown into a room with about 30 other candidates. You are called forward individually to have your paperwork checked (remember to bring photocopies of your passport & NI number!). You then have your height measured. They introduce themselves & explain a bit about how the day will work. You are then split into small groups of about 4-5 people, plus one of the recruitment team. You introduce yourself to the others and are given the opportunity to ask each other questions & discuss the cabin crew job & airline industry. I think they are looking at your confidence in speaking in front of others as well as your listening skills here. So make sure you listen & appear interested when others are speaking. Then it is test time. I think you get about 15 mins and the questions cover basic general knowledge about Thomas Cook Airlines as well as some currency & geography questions relating to places they fly to. There are some maths questions which you can use a calculator for. At my day, they provided them for anyone who didn't have one, but to be on the safe side I would bring one yourself. I worked fast through the questions and only just finished on time. So don't spend too long on any you are not sure about - you can always come back to them at the end if you have time. You are then shown a DVD & given a talk by one of the recruitment team about the job & have the opportunity to ask questions. So that's the 1st stage. You are then split into several groups - one group unfortunately gets sent home and the others go on to the group exercise. The there are a few different exercises they use - at my day there were three groups & we all had different scenarios. As you probably know, what they are really looking at is how well you work as part of a team, so the subject is irrelevant. As long as you contribute, without being too dominant I'm sure you'll be fine. After the group exercise you have a break and then get called back into the room you started off in. They separate you into two groups - one being unsuccessful & the other through to the 2:1 interview. The 2:1 lasts about 45mins-1hour and you get asked pretty standard airline interview questions & asked to give examples of when you have given excellent customer service, worked as part of a team, been under pressure, received feedback etc. At the end of the 2:1 you are also given the opportunity to ask any further questions you may have. That's it! They told me I would find out in 2-3 weeks and it was 3 weeks to the day that I got the e-mail saying I'd been successful. Hope this helps. Congratulations on getting an interview - they certainly don't invite everyone to assessment days.

Good luck!
Marty172