PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thompson Engine Failure in ALC 23/10
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2008, 15:40
Gentle Climb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hedgedweller

I don't think that you have taken too much notice of much of the good advice that you have been given on this thread. I can't agree that you have been subject to cruelty anywhere on the site, but you have been given information on what happened and most posters have agreed that it would not have been a pleasant experience for you, despite the fact that that the situation in the air was dealt with professionally.
I haven't seen anybody laughing at you or mocking your 'emotional' response to the event. That would be cruel. There is even a message from one of the chaps who looks after the aircraft involved inviting you to contact him/her if you wish! You seem very inclined to read what you want to read and to ignore the vast majority of helpful postings which have been made with your interests at heart, despite your 'who is responsible?' tirade.
I think that you should read the thread again, try to take a more objective, calmer view of the way you have been treated and perhaps you may form a slightly more balanced opinion.
Finally, the last sentence of my original post contained a tongue in cheek reference to Alicante which you seem to have taken very badly. I won't be changing my opinion of the place quickly, but to highlight that line and to ignore (what I considered to be) helpful advice prior to the remark is a little disappointing.