PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quantas engineer Fake License !!
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2008, 13:15
camlobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was told a couple of times over the last three years about a guy who came out of the RAF with lots of jet time logged. Got himself a job with one of the minors (Mytravel or similar). Did good as well, but didn't know when to shut up. Always telling anyone who would listen about his exploits of daring-do (and he wasn't even a Harrier mate).

When boarding during a crew handover, his Captain mentioned he must know the offgoing Captain as he used to be on the same squadron. Offgoing captain did not know this guy.

Questions led to the truth behind it all. Turns out this walt was ex RAF Air Traffic Control with a PPL. Because he knew when each jet took off and landed, he entered the times in his logbook. Hey, presto, 'I've got XXXX hours fast-jet. Give me a job'.

Told to me independently by a couple of guys who used to work for the same company, both stories identical.

I know a guy now flying in a senior position in the UK with one of the minors. Over ten years ago, he sharp-penned a zero behind his 50 hrs multi to get his entry with the company.

First guy for the glamour and image. Second guy for the money. It happens for different reasons.

camlobe