PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe
Thread: Flybe
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2008, 10:33
tiggerific_69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The current expanision plans are a franchise with Loganair, in which the Flybe brand will be used by Loganair. The Loganair Franchise is a seperate operation, so if you were interested in working for them, you would need to apply to Loganair. They have bases at Glasgow and Edinburgh, and a base in Aberdeen. The routes operated by Loganair will not be operated by Flybe crews or aircraft, and vice versa - Flybe routes will not be operated by Loganair crews or aircraft. They are still a seperate airline.

Rostering - either 5 on 2 off or 6 on 3 off. Block standbies of 5 days, 3 nights/4 days operating out of Guernsey or Jersey. Finish on lates before days off,back in on earlies.If you get an early 2 sector day, you'll most likely have a 2 hour airport standby tagged to the end of it. We also do standalone 6 hour airport standby. Majority of the days are 4 sectors.

Pay - as a junior now, a good month for me now is £1100 after tax, as our Flight duty pay of £1.90ph is fully taxed. I dont know what the basic salary is for new entrants at the moment.

Lot of political issues at the moment with the scheduling agreement and t&c's but hopefully these will be resolved soon.I'm guessing as a new entrant, you would come onto the new scheduling agreement, which I dont know much about, but appears to be a bit of an improvement on the current one some of us are operating on.

Flybe crew are based in Inverness, Glasgow and Edinburgh. I've operated out of Edinburgh, and the crews up there are really nice.Currently recruiting for Direct Entry Senior Cabin Crew in Edinburgh, and Cabin Crew in Inverness.More information can be found at www.flybe.com