PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Insulting Nigerian Aviation on Pprune
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2008, 10:15
LongJohnThomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

chuks,
I find your comments hard to believe, i quote:
I often had people pull out the "race card" during my time in Nigeria.
I must say that you may have been looking around for such, expecting that this was an unavoidable sequence of events in Nigeria.
Contrary to average belief, Nigerians do like whites and dont ever discriminate against them when in Nigeria. It is also true however,that generally Nigerians WILL take offence when the country is perceived to be under racial, or political attack.
CJ750 probably could have been more diplomatic in his request for information about Lagos, but look what he got in return!
Well, there, i do agree with you wholly. An obvious result of what i stated above.
"My country is great and I will make big trouble for anyone who says different!"
You don't see the South Africans threatening trouble in that way. I wonder why that is?
Well, you didn't want an answer, but, here's one.
The south africans sorry to say, have racial issues continuously, we, on the other hand, dont!
I fail to see where anyone was threatened? As you may have noticed, it does get Nigerians going when the facts are distorted or when some go out of their way to just malign Nigeria.
It is a strong nation with obvious problems, but very proud people who will not back down particularly against what is perceived as a racial slur or outright disregard for those that try their best to help curb our excesses.
We all have something to learn from other cultures, even one you might think of as flawed by "racism," just for one.
This, i will agree with totally mate. You may want to have a word with the politically inclined pilots here and probably give them some insight.
Metro man,
I quote:
I have also posted comments on the UK in other threads. In one of which I refered to the UK as "a drug addicted, alcohol fueled, cess pit". Several people from the UK replied agreeing to this.

Most of his comments I agree with, especially the effects of binge drinking. There are many threads on Jet Blast concerning the UK, especially "chavs" (British white trash)
The difference is, you'll never find Nigerians criticizing the UK or any other country for that matter unless provoked, we do have enough problems of our own, so, we stay out of those of others.
Its a simple case of remove the log in your own eye first!