PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Q's for Solenta pilots
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2008, 09:44
BBN RADAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q's for Solenta pilots

Hi all,

I have just spent over an hour doing a few searches and read a lot of information about Solenta on here. Most of it discussed salaries so I don't really need any more info there.... But I was hoping some of you guys and gals could give me some updated information on other areas of the contract...?

Background: I am a charter pilot based in Windhoek flying the C210. When I finish up here in April I will have reached the magic 1000hrs TT. I do not have any turbine time yet (not rated on any of solenta's fleet). I have my Australian ATP subjects done.
  1. Their website states that they will not review any C.V.s without a rating. Is it not possible to get an interview or job offer first and THEN get yourself a rating on the van for instance?
  2. What are the length of the contracts?
  3. I heard (word of mouth) that it is possible to do 1 month on/1 month off. But then I read on here 2 months on/one month off. What's the truth?
  4. If I started on the van, what could I expect with regards to progression? I.e. which fleet to move to and time taken etc.?
  5. Are they hiring pilots right now?
  6. How is it decided upon where you will be flying?
  7. Do they really buy you a return ticket to fly home on your month off?

Ok, Cheers in advance!