PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2008, 07:19
Hopeful CC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh dear lord..
Im about to start GS in 2 weeks and Im awfully afraid that Ive chosen the wrong airline!!
Dont get me wrong, I am far from the precious so and so that I may look like after having said such a thing - I understand what Jetstar is all about. I worked as a CSO for some time, left the company and am now coming back as LH CC.
When I worked for them previously I was emplyed by Jetstar - Now Im employed by Team Jetstar - am I up **** creek without a paddle??

I had opportunities to go with Virgin and Rex - but loved the idea of LH so accepted Team JQ - was this the right thing to have done???

I know that with such a high staff turnover and inlfux of new crew members, more experienced crew will be sick of the sight of newbies.
I have been in customer service for years and years now, I was also a nurse and I know what it means to deliver exceptional service to pax.
I understand that in every job there will be people that you perhaps 'clash' with for no other reason except 'personality differences' - could someone be totally honest with me and tell me if it will be hard for me to get along with the experienced crew.

I am actually petrified that I will be disliked for being new.
It may sound ridiculous - but nursing was the same - Newbies are frowned upon by the experienced staff - no matter how bloody hard they work..

Having said all of this - I am still ecstatic to have the opportunity!