PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin Crew if Colour Blind??
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2008, 06:33
Monopole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sam.lk7,

It has now been 6 1/2 weeks since you first asked your question here on Pprune and I am just curious to see if you have even bothered to ring any of the airlines to ask them directly.

I have tried to get a class 1 medical and have failed because i am colourblind, so yeh, i guess you cantt sit up front if colourblind...
I also take it that your initial ambition was to become flight crew before you discovered that you were colour blind. Why give up so easy? I am not strickly colour blind, but have a colour deficiency and still hold an Aus ATPL. I failed the little dotty book thingy, failed the Lantern test and spent the entire day at a university doing other various test. In the end all I had to demonstrate was that I could tell the difference between red and white on a papi (they were not as common then as they are now), and tell the differance between white, red and green from the tower while they flashed the gun at me and a CFI was standing next to me with a telephone call to the tower.

You need to show dedication from the begining mate otherwise you will not get very far at all in this industry.