PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2008, 03:08
ShesGreatintheGalley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We were told it be three a/c types to study, would it be hard?

Also how strict are the cabin managers on board? any bitc**s? I am a bit nervous to be flying under supervision, as currently i am my own cabin suprevisor etc. You know I like to read a few mags during take off or during the flights to NTL or CBR...or do coffee...teas etc when i am ready...any opinions on this one? I am not lazy by any means, just have my own style of service...as regionals we have very minimal supervision during flights and the company just does not care anyhow, as management is about to change once again...

Vanessa.
Yes apparently the next lot of Team jetstar ground schools are endorsed on the A320, 321 and 330. This was confirmed to me only a few days ago by the head of the training dept.
Cabin Managers are as strict as you make them.. by the sounds of it you will prob feel uncomfortable if you are the type who wants to read magazines during takeoff and landing (!) and do the service whenever it suits you. We have a standard service guide for both short and long haul and the procedure is to follow the service guide. I like the cabin service to be done first, as opposed to sitting down every sector and eating myself first. to me thats just what you do in a customer service role.
So your 'own style of service' as you put it will need to be adjusted and you will need to follow the service guidelines..otherwise you will find it very difficult and so will the rest of the crew you work with. We have some sectors that are longer, but generally you will work, and work hard. Crew who slack off and dont pull their weight (especially newer ones) are not looked on favourably by anyone else.
Any CM who catches you reading magazines during takeoff and landing will most likely haul your ass into the office.. besides the fact its a safety issue, its also quite rude i think of new crew to 'assume' they can do whatever they want onboard and ignore SOPs.
Sorry if this sounds a bit direct - but it is a problem that is occuring more and more often now with an influx of new crew who dont seem to give a **** and dont care about the fact this is a customer service role -its happening quite a bit and its really starting to frustrate me when i come to work and have a great crew, except for one who thinks cabin presence is walking through the cabin once and then reading new idea on the rear jumpseat for the rest of the flight.
Just a few things to keep in mind.

oh - i was also told staff travel was after 12 months and it was full QF staff travel. the 12 month 'waiting period' apparently is to weed out the ones who have managed to stay. the company are (quote) 'not expecting crew to stay more than 4-6 months on a team jetstar contract so the staff travel after 12 months is like a reward'.