PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB initial report out on BA B777 crash at LHR
Old 20th Jan 2008, 22:03
hay diddle diddle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on let face it !!

Engines only stop in flight if they are manually shut down for any reason or they run out of gass!!

The aircraft would not have obtained its design approval if the engines failed through loss of electrical power!!. If any IRE/TRE's are reading this on any type, they should try turning off the electrical power in the sim and landing on the battery. Now, see if your engines respond with manual throttle input, if they don't re check your fuel load or give up flying!!.

I note the initial report said significant amounts, [how can they judge?? welly boots!!] of fuel drained from the number one tank after being ruptured by the left main gear. Well why no fire ?? strange.

The basic engine data on the dfdau or qar will provide the key information on fuel flow TGT and rotor speed plus other related sytem data such as full quantity. Why is it taking so long?? If this is all a bit much, then inspect the engine driven fuel pumps for cavitation [ remember they suck fuel into the engines ]

In low fuel senarios rapid pitch and roll inputs displace the remaining fuel away from the fuel feed path . On a final note why don't they make stack pipes anymore.?? 45 mins at MCT with the fuel low level lights ON!!!!!!!!!!!!! plenty of time.

I am off to have some chocolate licked off me , but it might taste a little different now!!

JNB tomorrow on 4, so Good night and I look forward to the official report in 12 or so months time [ hopfully retired]