PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F/O on a 737 at just 19
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2008, 21:52
Ivor_Novello

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ivor, I'm sure if, at the age of 17 you wanted to go through to fATPL and your parents could fund it, they would have done. We all have different circumstances, some may be harder than others.

I can commend this lad's dedication instead of the social pressures he was no doubt under to go out with his mates, pull and get pished!
When I was 17 I couldn't afford a pair of trainers without the support of my parents. Nevermind an ATPL.

To be honest, learning to fly full time is already a privilege,especially when somebody else is paying the all the bills. I don't see it a big sacrifice to hold back from having an outrageous social life. Having said that, if money is not an issue, one can easily afford to do full time flight training AND even have a social life. No one is going to be studying more than 8 hours a day are they ?

Once again, everybody is praising this outstanding achievement, but give any of us keen PPLs a year off work, 60 grand to spare, a dad Captain in an airline and I can show you a lot of people are capable of that amazing achievement