PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR Harmonisation
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2008, 18:53
jeepys

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Crab,

having myself come from the mil into civvy SAR I am probably better placed (as with many people on this forum) than the out and out mil guy to pass judgement on comparing civvy and mil issues.
Crab, I dont know who you are and I really dont care but I suspect by the way you conduct yourself that you are either an old fart mil SAR driver who cannot accept change or a young wipper snapper who's maturity leads him to think that he is the only man on earth who can do the SAR job. When you eventually leave the mob and go civvy please continue with your mil only attitude as it would be a waste to let it go.

From seeing both sides of the fence I can honestly say that both civvy and mil could learn a bit from each other. The difference being that it's a lot harder to implement change in the mil. But one thing that must be corrected is that civvy standards both in and out the cockpit are no way below the mil standards. Seeing that many civvy SAR pilots are ex mil anyway I cannot understand why you go down being the **** route.