PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 2
Thread: SOUTHEND - 2
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2008, 18:02
boredcounter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please do not think I am being cynical in any way, SEN is a great airport, started me off in 88, as did the PA31 as we had 3 amonst other types. LTQ is beautiful, worked for an airline that served it out of LYX for two years after SEN. The London-Paris airbridge with coaches/trains at either end......been there at LYX too.

All great ideas, but died a death now IMHO.

2 x Adult via Flywatch GBP400.00 (return) all bar the shouting and on the Continent in about 2:00 mins from leaving the house, in say Benfleet?

Call it 8:00 return trip by road and Sealink (Sorry worked for them too) and GBP200:00 and GBP200:00 to spend on plonk, lunch and smokes all duty paid.

As Flywatch are not heading to 'business' destinations, personal time saved will not equate to higher costs.

As with all airlines, the car will carry a dozen cases of plonk/beer per couple where as the aircraft (especially a PA31) will not and if it could, excess baggage would almost certainly apply.

Hope Flywatch do find a niche in the market, develope and grow, but alas I cannot honestly see it myself, which I think is a great shame. despite having a self declared soft spot for SEN and LTQ, I hope Flywatch have other contracts or interests that will 'subsidise' this venture.

(Alas, I have chartered pistons before, true to my roots so to speak, for AOG runs with spares only. Paid good money for the service, only to find they had to position at own cost to an airfield where 100LL was available to get home)

Good luck to all involved, hope you can make it work, hope you can make it thrive at good old EGMC as it one or twice did in the past.................