PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia Aborted Landing in Bilbao
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2008, 17:41
A4

Ut Sementem Feeceris

Received 158 Likes on 32 Posts
I agree with Despegue. I love PPrune and it is a great place to discuss all matters aviation. However, I am becoming tired of posts by people who evidentally have very little experience / knowledge but try to pass themselves off as the opposite. By all means ask sensible questions but please leave the discussion to the more learned.......

As for those who pass judgement based on some photos....... please just stop!

VOR to 12 at BIO gusting close to limits. Looks to me like he planted it on the centreline pretty close to the numbers, wings level (double puff of tyre smoke) - not too bad under the conditions I'd say. Perhaps the reason there are no spoilers is that the levers were in TOGA at touchdown as the Go around had been initiated?

Anyone who has not landed at BIO in a gusty conditions is in no position to comment. I had an "interesting" arrival back into the UK one day last year when it was gusting 60+knots (only 30° off mind you ) and if I got back to find my efforts being disected on PPrune by a bunch of ....... whatevers, I'd be pretty pi$$ed off. You weren't there so give the guy a break.

I don't particularly relish going to work when I read the METARS and TAFS and I see gusting 30+..... but I, and numerous other Professional pilots, just get on with it because that is what we are - Professional. By the way, that's what the first P in PPrune also stands for.

The server is on its knees anyway so can we please cut down on the unnecessary cr@p. Thanks.

A4