PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots to ballot for strike over OpenSkies
Old 20th Jan 2008, 14:07
biddedout

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree, its likely to be very nasty and messy, but I just don't think BALPA should be led down the path of trying to invent dome kind of secondment arrangement on the hoof just avoid a bigger confrontation. Good luck to you all though.

Creating situations in which another group of pilots train BA pilots, fly with BA are tested by BA pilots pilots on aircraft insured and owned by BA and yet at the same time not accepting them as being the right stuff to be a BA pilot is not something that a Union should get involved with. Hence, I agree, 100% on the BA list or not at all, but I simply do not think secondment arrangements for political reasons are healthy for the industry.

My only regret about being an ex rasher is that we didn't see what a farce it was more quicky on and try to force some action to remove some of the Waterside mismanagement strings. What has become very aparent is just how efficient the sharp end of BAcon had actually become.

As for my understanding of the secondment arrangement into Bacon, I can only go by what our reps were telling us at the time so I could be very wrong, but I do know that none of them moved into managment within 3 months of the ink drying.

How is he getting on these days? Is the Bobby the Scope Kid likely to be joining you??

Last edited by biddedout; 20th Jan 2008 at 14:25.