PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JQ EBA to sell out new hires
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2008, 09:06
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Paranoid Anq? I don't think so. Sick of people bringing up QF1 as an example of why QF are so crap? Absolutely- with apologies to former AN staff! How QF1 relates to a J* skipper asking a J* F/O why he wants to but WADD into the fix page I don't know.

Personally I could take or leave putting airports into the fix page. I do it most times as I like the instantaneous pictorial view I can get as to where I am in time or space when I expand the range out. Sometimes I can't remember them either....particularly after indonesia/ICAO went and changed Bali, Surabaya and Ujung (I think....been a while since I've been along that route)...but to not know why your off sider doesn't want them there is pretty basic.

So yes, we pranged in BKK. It was poor change management and poor risk assessment by QF as an airline at the time and a couple of errors by crew at the coal face. As you say, it could happen to anyone and everyone. Why it is relevant when some people are shining the torch on some (apparent) issues in one aspect of J*'s (apparent) training regime has got me absolutely stuffed. I guess you're into relativism and so a person (QF drivers as it appears in this thread) is not allowed to mention the possible plank in J*'s current eye because of a plank in our own at some stage in the past. Personally having been in an airline where we had the plank, had the prang and have now had it removed I would think others would be grateful when we try and warn them about what looks like a plank in their eye too.

(If you don't know what I'm talking about with respect to planks and specks and so on then you need to go back to your basic year 5 Scripture teaching and Bible study.)