PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quantas engineer Fake License !!
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2008, 08:57
Long Bay Mauler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions that should be asked of both CASA and Qantas are:

1] Why are the CASA issued licences no longer watermarked,as you are required to photo copy your licence when showing your manager/representative? It was good enough in the past,why not now?

2] Why did CASA not ask Qantas for an explanation,when the results of the type course exams that the imposter LAE passed were sent to CASA,and placed in his CASA file? All exams results,pass or fail are placed in the applicants CASA file. So why wasnt this picked up by CASA?

3] Why didnt the imposters' manager(or designate) take 5 minutes to review his eQ/HRI status in regards to making sure he had the required Airframe/Engine basics to be eligible to sit the course?

4] And how did none of the guys on his crew not know about his status of lack of Basic exam passes? Was this guy such a liar or a social outcast that no body was aware of what exams he had done and what he had left? I know that where ever I have worked,it has always been a topic of conversation as to what you had done,and what was left,so that you could borrow notes,etc.

Surely the LAEs on his crew should shoulder some of the moral blame for the damage to our professional reputation for letting this one slip through.

For as long as I can remember,it was a requirement that you had to have passed ALL Basic exams for the category that the applicant was applying for.

e.g. All airframe exams plus AA when sitting and applying for an airframe licence on type.