PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oman Air's plans
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2008, 08:01
C172s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Oman and the Future

Omanis are probably the friendliest and most accomodating in the middle east. A very down to earth people eager to learn and mix with others unlike the others in the region who use money to do the talking for them.

Like any company new to longhaul, they will have teething problems, but The omanis have owned 25 percent of GF and a fair proportion of them have worked and still work for that airline. Gulf airs licsensing requirements were based on the Omani aviation authorities until now, all of GF's a/c were Omani registered.. (A40-XX). Dont believe me?..check a database online..With the experience of gulf air and good investment they have a good idea on what they are doing.

Muscat and the Rest of Oman are opening up to tourism and i beleive as the country develops, it will have a lot to offer. It is modern and still holds alot of its heritage unlike Dubai for a real Arabian experience. The Landscape is beautiful too with mountains, bays, deep clear sea, wadi s, oasis, deserts, and in the salalah region they have lush green flora/fauna during the indian monsoon seaon. beautiful really. Muscat by night..entertaining too. Food and drink to a high standard.

The future is big and bright..a new destination to be discovered and Oman air will be their carrier.

I live in England, am not Omani, and fly for a British Carrier..I am not from the Omani tourist board...lol.... I have visited oman many times and know people there.

Y'all fly safe now..