PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JQ EBA to sell out new hires
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2008, 06:43
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Bankstown, Anqrka is making a snide referral to the Qantas 1 over run at BKK in 1999. If you can see through it he's actually trying to compare penis size or 'your incident/accident was worse than mine'. Until J* have a prang (and i pray they don't) then the default response to any query about training standards will be a reference to a QF stuff up nearly a decade ( ) ago. It's a shame really because such knee jerk 'I know you are but what am I' type discussions invariably short circuit critical evaluation of current facts and situations.

Of course he could be right. J* crew may be aces and fly circles around QF drivers every day of the week. How sad then that their pay and conditions don't reflect that level of ability. In fact, their current pay and conditions don't take into account much of anything to do with what a professional pilot is 'worth' to the airlines. One could even make the argument that given that the J* pilots are obviously so much better than the QF drivers (who require longer courses and still aren't as good) that the J* pilots are chumps for accepting pay and conditions that are significantly less than their less skilled mainline colleagues.

Of course logic like this escapes people like (w)Anqrka who are only looking for every opportunity to fill in that chip that resides squarely on their shoulders by reminding QF drivers of the '99 prang.

Last edited by Keg; 20th Jan 2008 at 07:00. Reason: Edited for clarify of one point.