PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2008, 23:50
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 431 Likes on 227 Posts
Of course, the strategy has been to not dig around – get their names cleared without exposing the MOD (and your Arm in particular) to serious embarrassment? The greatest disservice you could do to the crew, the passengers, and the British people is obstruct getting to the bottom of this because however unlikely, unpalatable, or “silly” views may be the implications of any kind of foul play having happened here are just too damn serious to ignore – if a parameter is being interpreted wrongly in your view then, please, explain what else it does mean – and how about reinforcing some true points instead of using false arguments to counter them – you know, the “nothing can be known” treatment.
Walter, You have now become offensive and YOU ARE WRONG. Don't you actually read other contributors' posts except the ones which directly fit in with your theory? Try looking at my post at #3009. Does that one make you think I'm trying to deny "foul play", or avoid criticism of either MOD or "my arm in particular"?

I'm sorry but most of your last post is totally wrong. You patently have little idea of how SH, or helicopters in general, actually operate and seem totally unwilling to listen to "true points" as you put it.

NO pilot relies on a simple DME to let down. It is NOT as accurate as you seem to think and no pilot would use it like you suppose. You do have a knack of picking up little snippets from all sorts of sources, many of them incorrect or half true, and have knitted them into a yarn to fit in with this persistent but false idea you got into your head years ago. You have allowed it to grow and grow until you think you are the only one here who isn't hiding the "truth".

You have sent me a number of questions by PM over the years and I have answered them totally truthfully. If I've not known the answer, I have told you. If the answer was no, I've told you. There is certainly no cover up or untruth told on my part.

I wrote about this accident, accusing the RAF and MOD of a whitewash, well before this campaign even began, even before Brian Dixon was involved because having left that theatre not long before I knew more than some and smelled a rat, especially in view of the character of both pilots, whom I knew and what had been going on with the HC2.

Much later when you appeared, I told you that as far as I knew the equipment you insist might have been fitted was not fitted to RAF helicopters at that time. Others have repeated this but it only leads you to think we are hiding the truth because you WANT it to be the truth. This is why other contributors have called your idea "the little green man theory" or similar.

Why can you not see that this theory you invented / dreamed up is only in your head? I've suggested to you a number of times that you should start your own parallel thread on the subject of your theory, Again I ask - why have you never done so?

Last edited by ShyTorque; 20th Jan 2008 at 00:37.