PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Arabia - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 19th Jan 2008, 23:00
W Weasel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey has1440:

I'd say you have a very good chance. Not that I am anyone other than a line guy, but from what you said your shot seems good. Once again that simply comes from a line type that has been here a long, long, long, long, long, long, long time. You can never tell what bug has been where on any given day during interviews

Big bus is good. I came from the big bus myself and the baby bus is pretty much the same (PRMs are replaced with ELAC, FACs etc) but mostly the same.

As for your question on housing - yes it is paid. Captains get 12,000 a month (about $3,300 US.) You can take it all at once (144K) or included monthly in your salary.

You also get transportation allowance - 1,000 a month ($275 US.) This is oil country so fuel is cheap if you are from NA or EU. No Taxes.

Housing cost is fairly close to Kai Tak - maybe a little cheaper (haven't been there in a few years so I may be out of touch.) Heck you changed the checker board on me

Hope this answered your ?

B&O

PS I did not answer your basic question. Yes, with you time in type, command time in type and total time - I'd say you are well qualified for a DEC position. Nothing beats a trial but a failure. Try - you have nothing to loose now do you.

But as Dennis Miller says: "But then again I could be wrong!"