PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantaslink Traineeship/Cadetship/General Employment
Old 19th Jan 2008, 20:29
garman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm currently undertaking a bachelor of aviation with one year to go, and must admit this traineeship sounds interesting. Although I have a couple of questions:

How do fresh CPL holders cope with the transition from something like a c182 to a dash 8? (I know QANTAS Cadets have been doing it for years now!)

Comparing:
-Single pilot VFR with no pax to multi crew IFR with around 50 pax.
-Staying well clear of the flight levels at speeds around 2nm's a minute to operating in the flight levels at speeds of over 300kts!
-Flying in and out of places like Moorabbin or Bendigo compared to international aerodromes such as Sydney or Melbourne.
-Handling the systems of small piston aircraft then jumping to what I imagine to be a far more compex dash 8.

I know there are many more comparisons to be made, those were just a few i could think of on the spot.

Everytime I see one of these puppies fly overhead I would love to be up there on the flightdeck, but then it all seems pretty daunting at the same time!

Any comments, information or advice is much appreciated in advance!
Garman!