PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F/O on a 737 at just 19
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2008, 18:52
Ivor_Novello

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of people commenting about jealousy and chip on the shoulder, but I don't think it's a fair comment.

I can only speak as a wannabe, as I only hold a PPL, and I don't find the young man's achievement out of the ordinary. Learning to fly is fun and exciting, and even the hard studying to go with it is still part of a learning process into something you are interested and passionate about.

Given a year or two off work, bills paid, 50k spare cash and nothing else to worry about (including debt, job security after training) apart from passing the ATPL exams and the skills tests, and many of us can achieve the same.

Not everyone could achieve that with a family, a mortgage, bills, full time work and the usual grind.

Choose your favourite method to study for your ATPLs :

Day off, wake up 9am, have breakfast (ready and served) then get on the books for a few hours, then have a break (probably, also ready and served) then when you feel like it do some more studying.

or

Up at 7, one hour in the rush hour traffic, 8 hours at work, one hour in rush hour traffic, make your own dinner, then if you still got any energies try and get a couple of hours studying done.

Consider these 2 options and then we can talk bout achievement ?

regards

Ivor