PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Meal Allowance and Days off after ULR flights at EK
Old 19th Jan 2008, 16:13
kingoftheslipstream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it's not really possible to bid all ULR... a 'fatigue' factor results in your monthly bidding being a mix of med/short and ULR. You will be lucky to get two (2) ULR flights per month. You wouldn't really want more 'n that anyway.

The formula for workin' out rostered hours (what you work) and credit hours (what ya get paid for) and what ya put in your log book is pretty basic:

Your roster will be built as if you are flying all the time in the seat...
Your fatigue index will be linked to this number.

Your credit for flight pay (the hourly stipend you get in addition to basic salary) is linked to your roster time and there is some performance pay for overtime (it's less than your nominal hourly rate though! In other words, when you work overtime, you are working for less per hour than when you just fly your block!)

Actual block hours are the time you spend with your butt in the seat - this governs your Flight Time Limitations stuff: 100 hrs/28 days or 900/year, increasable to 1000/year at company's discretion.

What this means if you've never done it before is you can work an awful lot some months. My worst (or best) dependin' on how you perceive it was that I got paid for 120+ credit hours in a 31 day month. This was 'cause I did some augmentin' and I got some credit for pay even though I was deadheadin'...
I was frickin' knackered and got sick. Real sick. I was just plumb wore out. I'll never do it again and haven't.

Don't know where you're comin' from but if it's from North America you'll work harder here 'n you ever have before. Check out some of the other threads on this place. Get yerself well informed... Personally, if I was where I was when I made the decision to come here and knew what I know about this place then, I never ever woulda come... the pay is now miserly and the work load... has become ludicrous.
It just rained about 109 mm ( little more'n 4 inches) over about 3 days and the city is swamped - everything leaks, water streamin' in through holes 'n the roof, under windows, sewage backed up in entire neighbourhoods, below ground car parks full of floatin' cars... it's a dysfunctional trap man...

Good mornin' and good luck!