PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 17/01/08
Thread: 17/01/08
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2008, 08:08
Pontius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know there are many unheard voices who live in that dodgy looking tower of yours but I'd like to say a personal 'thank you' to you all for your great work following the 'incident'. I particularly think the Delivery and Ground guys did a brilliant job and, as we sat waiting for a tug and counting down the minutes until the fudging of rest hours would no longer see us with enough hours to operate our flight (we did go thanks to your expeditious work), I couldn't help but be impressed by the forebearance and smart thinking from the tower. I think the highlights for me were when the chap on Delivery put down his sheet of difficult sums and gave a huge list of start up times. A lot of work had obviously gone into that and it was great to hear the inane questions of 'where are we in the sequence' finally fall silent. I also particulary enjoyed the barely concealed incredulous laughter from Delivery when a certain carrier from the Middle East asked if there would be any delays for him

Anyway, that's quite enough of praise heaping on you ground-bound types. Now get back to work and make sure I'm not delayed coming in tomorrow afternoon