PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where is the best place to work?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2008, 07:47
andrijander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amandla,

As you may have noticed we're all a bit biased as we all choose what we know or somewhere nearby. Anyway me thinks 126,7 is spot on (I'm spanish, btw, therefore consistent with that ) as the salaries are really good (perhaps excepting Italy as cost of living vs salary isnt that great). The downside to it is that if you're not a national you have really slim chances of getting in (that goes for France, Spain, Portugal, Italy that I know of)

The DFS, or german ANSP, call for controllers would be something for you to consider even though chances are most people will be sent to Karlsruhe, nearby Frankfurt. Weather isn't that great but salary is around 5500€ after tax and you are not that far away from really nice spots like Southern France, Switzerland, North Italy, etc...

For you to get an idea you can live ok with 1500€ expenses a month anywhere in europe(renting an appartment and food if you're not extremely picky) and/or you can buy/build a nice house for around 400.000€. Which in turn would mean a 2000€ month mortgage plus expenses on the side. It changes locally but as guideline is reasonable.

Hope it helps,

A.