PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Emirates' pilots financial advisors
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2008, 05:15
blueside^

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation the flow

If I am not mistaken, Deveers where once known as PIC and having lost a lot of clients money (including mine) a few years ago they disappeared from Dubai and Asia.

Dooner I would thank your lucky stars that you invested with Deveers through a global bull run and you have made a gain. For what it is worth, my opinion is we are now in a bear market and you should pull out of equities for the next 1 or 2 quarters and lock in your gains.

You may have misunderstood my earlier comment when I said, they will only reduce your hard earned investment, I didn’t mean steal it. From my experience Deveers will not be centred on your return, as they make a trailer from your investments. On some occasions if you sign up for, as an example a 10 year investment scheme, they will be paid their 10 year trailer all upfront. A reputable consultant should disclose what that is. So you are paying a fee, but it is coming out of your return and then giving you 10%.

I would recommend looking at http://www.centralbank.ae/bsed/licensedConsultation.php as this is the list of the UAE Central Bank approved Financial Investment Consultants. You will note from the list below Globaleye and Deveers are not on it. To legally offer advice in the UAE, they would have to operate under one of the licensed Consultants below.

List of Financial Investment Consultancy as at 30th September, 2002
Elfina Financial Investment Consultancy- Dubai
Landmark International Consulting Services - Dubai
Professional Investment Consultants Co. Ltd - Dubai
Regent Investment Consultants- Dubai
Financial Consultancy Services Company- Dubai
Network Corporate Services L.L.C.- Dubai
Synergy Financial - L.L.C.- Abu Dhabi
Mondial ( Dubai ) L.L.C.- Dubai
Al Sahel Financial Advisory Est.- Abu Dhabi
Continental Financial Services.- Dubai
Acuma.-Dubai
Union National Financial Consultancy -L.L.C.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat.