PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Emirates' pilots financial advisors
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2008, 04:22
dooner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blueside:

Interesting comment about Devere, I have been using them for 2 years now and they haven't "stolen" any of my money, we invest very cnservatively (no high risk stuff) and have seen 14% the 1st year and 16% last year on our returns. Yes there are higher returning investments but we are only targeting 10% per annum so for conservative thinkers like my wife and I, I don't see a problem with that (haven't paid management fes for the last 2 years either, should I be in for a shock one of these days?).

On the other hand HSBC have been a complete waste of time as we also invest in Royal Scandia through them and their staff on beach road can't be bothered with you unless you have a million dollars or more to invest (right from the mouth of one of their investment people who used to be cabin crew with EK). The one a-hole gave me a grilling because I wanted to move MY money from the account to another account in Jersey.

So the above was my 2 cents worth, so if you could let me know at what point Austin and James (the only 2 allowed to work with EK pilots) will suck my investments dry please tell me, as I have a 1/4ly meeting with Austin later this month and then I can withdraw everything if need be.

Waiting for the financial advice to flow...

Dooner