PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair cadet open day
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2008, 20:58
WHOOPEYDOO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lord Lardy,

My post was nothing to do with “mines bigger than yours” it was in fact Bad Boy Ragamuffin who decided to create that aspect to this thread with his off the point response to my post.

Im sure you are very experienced and I respect that , I hear what you are saying about an individuals scan and if you do indeed come from an aircraft eg prop that has analogue dials your scan will indeed be suited to those instruments - it has to be, just like if you are on a 738 with glass screens, your scan will be based on that, I dont have the luxury of 1000 hours prop time to make the comparison you do but I do have over 1000 hours now in the 738 and in terms of flying the 738 my scan is fine thank you very much, if I were to go into a prop now I would no doubt struggle with the different presentation in front of me as would anybody being put in front of an unfamiliar presentation, this does not however mean that my 738-scan and ability to fly the 738 is in any way diminished, what I have works nicely and I fly it pretty bloody well actually thanks very much.

I am a professional pilot and don’t particularly like you suggesting that I have “inexperienced dreams” and I can back up anything I post on this site, if you return to the “traditional route” which you will be familiar with due to all your experience, you will know that it would have easily taken 5 years or more on props before getting on to jets. However due to the changes in aviation and what Ryanair offer, ie starting on a 738, you can now jump over the prop years (Im not saying this is a good or a bad thing, its simply a result of the way the aviation industry has turned out and I might add is NOT a fault of the new wannabies.)

WD