PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question to BA 777 pilots or engine maintenance engineers
Old 18th Jan 2008, 20:41
Clandestino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is it inline with Airbus and just sends a signal to computer that then decides if you really did want a power change or not ?
Eeeerm... which Airbus are you talking about? I'm certain that there's nonesuch feature on the CFM powered A319/20 and I sincerelly hope other airbi don't have it too. If you disconnect ATHR, the power you set is the power you get - in accordance with FADEC calculated limitations. On 777 and FBW airbuses thrust levers are not mechanically connected to engines, there are thrust lever angle resolvers beneath the levers and they send thrust demand signals to FADEC. Main difference between 777 and airbus is that thrust levers on 777 have servo motors that set them in accordance with autothrottle command, while on airbus they don't move - it gets a while to get used to.

Could be that alpha floor protection kicked in during gusty conditions.
Don't think so - alpha floor is airbus peculiarity. B777s have something similar though not quite the same. The term I've heard used to describe it was "autothrottle wake-up" though I can not confirm whether this is slang or officialspeak.