PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair cadet open day
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2008, 15:35
WHOOPEYDOO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad boy, firstly let me apologise for taking ages to reply, I am relocating and have not had internet since my last post, however now I can reply to you,

Firstly I think that you have misread the "point" of this post which is about working for ryanair rather than a prop vs jet post, you on the other hand are clearly a prop operator and have taken personal exception to my generalised statement, I would like to state to you that it was not my intention to belittle or piss off any prop operators and Im sure that props are indeed as complex as you say, however I have to say that generally people want to progress on to jets, I know of no pilot that flys a jet who is hoping to move on to a prop and sees that as a step forward in their career - this is the point I was trying to make, if you are such an individual I would suggest that you are the exception rather than the rule.

Let me ask you a straight forward question, if 2 candidates turn up to a jet operator being interviewed to fly a jet, one with 1000 hours jet time and one with 1000 prop hours, who is going to have the advantage in terms of experience for the job?

WD