PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Situation In Lagos
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2008, 11:34
alghaita ganga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well M surely not,

I was born in Africa and have lived here for all my whole life. I flew here for very many years and whenever I flew in Nigeria, often on medevac flights which always resulted in money being ask for by corrupt immigration and ATC peoples. Yes, there are some corrupt polices in Europe and USA, but it is estimated that 96% of police in Nigeria is corrupt. It is not 30 years ago these things happen to me, I was flying until just a short time ago, I still travel for my small business and when I go home is just to another country in Africa.

I would not visit Moss Side because I have heard of it and know it is not a good place. I would however be happy to visit Trafalgar Square or Times Square because I belief my chances to be mugged there are low. I have been robbed in Ikoyi, Port Harcourt, Douala, Houston, Nairobi, Kampala and Johannesburg and I have the scars to proof it - maybe I am just an unlucky guy! . I have been 'managing the risk' of life in Africa all my life . However, I am still here. I have thought of move to Europe but even though hospitals there are better the cold would just eat my old bones One day I shall be buried under a wide African sky