PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training, hours building and first job prospects in America
Old 17th Jan 2008, 10:05
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no, not really, Bristow Ac is only JAA heli outside EU/EEA

Hello.

This was talked through many times. There's two J1 heli schools, Pelican have J1 for FW but do RW (was discussed whether possible for rotary career program, no positive conclusions).

Bristow Academy, former Helicopter Adventures gain a lot on training Europeans to JAA papers so that's why they went far to get this sorted. I doubt there'd be any rotary JAA/EASA school in the US anytime soon. But could as well be, but not on J1 as the whole thing won't get any new approvals from US govt.

Another is Hillsboro Aviation, Hillsboro, Oregon. They have some FW training but mainly rotary so it seems. Someone complained here earlier on about lots of Chinese on FW programmes making things bit messy.
Hillsboro do only FAA licenses, naturally.

I was assured by Jenifer, school admin officer that things like scheduling problems were sorted by training block distribution and advance booking.

If you take time, you find it here. OR, just look at CAA website and find that PDF showing ALL JAA FTOs in the UK and abroad.
It also shows less known JAA plank schools in California etc.
Not just Naples, OFT, EFT, OBA for example as most folks make it only there and I think it's kinda overpriced. Even compared to California.
Not to mention that there's plenty other FW schools doing FAA only with M1 visa sponsorship. All it takes is some extra effort back in the UK or Ireland.