PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quantas engineer Fake License !!
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2008, 00:07
Dunnybudgee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger Flight crew too I'm afraid...

Years ago when I was an expat CP in South Asia, I found we had a couple of pilots from South America (hired before my time), with falsified hours on type and in one case a forged type proficiency check. My suspicions being raised by their lack of competency.

Additionally I had applications from other pilots from the same country, whose backgrounds I checked, who were found to have submitted false references and claims of 500 hours (how convenient) PiC time when they had no ATPL at the time of the logged flights...

At the same airline I discovered we had a "senior" LAME from another part of SA who claimed he had licences on a type but strangely very little knowledge of such and who had performed some very poor (read dangerous) work. His previous work experience showed no training on said type....

I had no choice but to report them to Exec Mgt and eventually the local CAA when the airline showed no interest in removing them from staff...
I left that employer ASAP!

Coming from Australasia I was in some degree of disbelief as I had never heard of anything so stupid. Not to mentional potential career suicide.

I know thats not in OZ but I learnt my lesson. ALWAYS check someones qualifications before you let them near an aeroplane!