PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JPA and their appalling administrating
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2008, 23:00
Something witty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RP,

No worries I understand where you are coming from even if I explained myself badly! Before JPA I saw a few problems but nothing like the present rate and those problems were more easily rectified.

HA,

You have made a very good point. I was more thinking the dilution of experience through high PVR rate (not exclusivly due JPA obviously but a factor illustrating our employer's care for our welfare nevertheless) as a contributry factor.

However, you are absolutly correct in the more immediate flight safety sense and I, as I am sure you, have seen the stress and frustration caused together with the impact on fitness to fly - days lost and enevitably days where stresses and fatigue were higher than they otherwise would be and sorties still flown... holes in cheese again.

A follow-on effect from the purely financial worry is the strain caused on relationships and this will only magnify the immediate flight safety problem... mind on the job? I think not.

Input from Bentley Priory would be interesting indeed although, no disrespect to their work, this should not be seen as just a flight safety issue but a forces-wide retention, morale and moral issue.