PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JPA and their appalling administrating
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2008, 22:01
Roland Pulfrew

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
SW

Don't get me wrong, I am not defending JPA!! I think it is a system that is a huge backward step, done on the alter of "efficiency" and purely to make manpower savings. I happen to know that many of those involved in the testing stated that the system was not ready to go live!! But oh no it had to go live on the stated date - we should have turned round to EDS and said "it doesn't do what we want it to do" and insist they fix it before accepting it. I know of one NCO that hasn't been paid by JPA for months; their station has had to revert to manual payments. This is another case of accepting a faulty system because someone at the top was worried about their next promotion (or MBE).

In 20+ years in the RAF I only remember 1 occasion where the RAF cocked up my pay (a pay run that missed the due date but was rectified within a week - with the ability to claim back any bank charges caused by the late pay run). Since JPA arrived I would hazard a guess that I am running at about 50-60% of monthly pay statements correct and 40-50% wrong.