PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funding
Thread: Funding
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2008, 21:15
Obs cop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flyhiguy28,

I'm quite sure many others have faced the frustration that you have but as a start have you looked at what you have already got?

Don't assume that your 400 hours already accrued are useless. One of the biggest costs from modular training is the hours building, 100 hours at £100 per hour.

The CAA may allow you to transfer hours from any aircraft you have flown for which there is a civil version, and here I'm thinking mainly the Grob 115 and the Slingsby T67. Likewise they may give you an allowance towards granting your PPL as a "qualified service pilot". I don't know the full ins and outs, but many years ago some of my colleagues PVR'd having spoken to the CAA. They sent their log books in and were given a certain number of hours credited and details of what they still needed to to for licence issue, which they then took to a major UK based pilot training establishment.

These hours included rotary and fixed wing. I never got to know what happened to them, but the issue here is, if you don't ask you don't get.

Just my thoughts,

Obs cop