PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots to ballot for strike over OpenSkies
Old 16th Jan 2008, 20:25
ironbutt57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had the opportunity to chat briefly with a BA 747 skipper in BLR...looks like a fight is brewing...welcome to the USA style pilot group whipsawing...

Tell you what Dallas Dude..I was flying for one of those carriers then...when we attempted to approach APA to get included into your pilot group, thus negating managements efforts to undermine your careers, and use us against you..( we couldnt even get jumpseats then...those of us in the "turboprop ghetto" couldnt possibly be real pilots right?) we were rebuffed and treated like last week's garbage...so dont blame your management, look at your own union's short sightness..no wonder 50% of my company scabbed when Continental struck...not me mind you...you wanted our support, but weren't willing to provide us with yours...not a personal attack...just stating the facts...none of the "real AA pilots" were interested in any kind of flow thru, until it became apparent they might need a "flow back"...you reap what you sow...enjoy...you brought it upon yourselves!!!!

Last edited by ironbutt57; 16th Jan 2008 at 20:35.