PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots!!!!
Thread: Pilots!!!!
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2008, 19:43
G-SPOTs Lost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For gods sake

Alpha male - the voice of reason

Guys ask yourself this question.

Why do most air taxi companies need 700hours before letting you loose in a Seneca, yet you are all looking for a 737 job at 235 hours.

Personally I would rather excel at a job instead of just being able to tell the girls in nightclubs that i'm an "Airline Pilot"

at 235 hours in a 737 you are as much use as tits on a bull, kilo for kilo the training captains would probably rather have the fuel. I know many captains that hate flying with cadets. Trust me they would be more impressed with a good hand flown approach in a chieftain than a perfect CAT III autoland that you just monitored

Do an apprenticeship, build some PIC time, learn about flying and then earn it instead of paying for it. The only reason for the 200hour CPL is I think Poland - they wanted it from the JAA and got it, previously you needed 700hours for a CPL hence the 700 hours requirement from the UK CAA - think about it.

Many AOC operators can have a dispensation for 400 hours if you have some multi time, RAvenair at Liverpool have 400 hour guys counting ducks in the Liverpool Estuary in a partenvia and others collecting cheques from the Isle of Man in an Aztec, they all have to spend time in ops handling aircraft and filing flight plans before they get anywhere near a twin.

I'd rather hire one of these guys than some Ace with 235 hours with some pseudo 737 simtime who got an average 98% pass in the subjects just like every other "graduate"

Oh and PS Ravenair is owned by a well regarded Ex 757 driver who knows the score.

Anybody out there qualified without a job should look inward, its never been so good for pilots in 15 years - when the music stops make sure you have a seat......any seat.

Last edited by G-SPOTs Lost; 16th Jan 2008 at 19:56.