PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Use of FAA, JAA licences, and N reg aircraft
Old 16th Jan 2008, 17:34
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alexandra, I think you will find, from your description, that Monaco accepts FAA crew licensing and certification in their own registered aircraft. As such it is no different to the other "tax haven" registries e.g. Caymans, Bermuda, Isle of Man.

Unfortunately, all of these impose restrictions according to weight (generally min 5700kg) or pilot residence (IOM requires 5700kg+, or residence).

Selfin - I have never seen such a summary. There is a limit to how far it could be pushed, or the degree to which it can ever be enforced against residents, because of the often vague nature of aviation. Under ICAO, no European country can stop somebody flying into and around Europe.

If for example Country X banned its own citizens exercising the privileges of a foreign license, what would happen if such a citizen got a job with a foreign airline flying a 747 into that country?? You would have to make an exemption.

There are ways to do all this but they get messy very fast, which is why I think some if not all of these "restrictions" are just rumour.