PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA support the IMC rating
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2008, 14:21
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will the IMC-R petition be sent to the European Pilots Association. (ECA)? I hope so.
I have already.

Unfortunately they are one of the few that have not replied, in spite of a reminder also sent.

If you are a BALPA member I would be grateful if you could see if they are able to extract some information from the ECA to establish if and why they are opposed to the rentention of the IMC rating.

I find it concerning when organisations such as this do not have the courtesy to reply to correspondence.

Can I just again mention that if you knock more doors you will get more support.
Indeed you can.

We are doing our best but as you can imagine it is surprisingly time consuming.

Opening doors is always difficult particularly when we have come to this issue so late in the day so every bit of help is apprecaited from anyone who can open doors, make introductions and draw awareness to the issue.

I am pleased however to say we will be attending the joint CAA EASA press breifing by very kind invite so we are well placed to let everyone know the outcome.

If you can lend us your support please do. There is a direct link on the web site at

www.ukimc.org

Thank you