PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 16th Jan 2008, 13:39
mattdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got to agree wholheartedly with Brit Bus Driver about this thread, people seem to be looking at the sim in far too much detail. I had my sim assesment 3 weeks ago and have just found out that I've passed however, my performance was not ideal by any standard flying wise. BA aren't looking for pilots who are profficient on the 747-400, they're looking for pilots who are trainable and can communicate so go into the assesment with an open mind ready to soak up the scenario (many avail) and adapt to it and try to communivate throughout the day in a cheerful manner and how you would like to be communicated to in an ideal flying environment. You can make mistakes and fly slightly ham fistedly as long as you're safe and recognise the mistakes you make. I felt that quite a lot of ephasis was placed on how you assess your own performance afterwards as well and your comments on how you would change your performance next time. Above all, try to enjoy the experience!