PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots!!!!
Thread: Pilots!!!!
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2008, 12:51
portsharbourflyer
Educated Hillbilly

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't sit around doing nothing, get working on building more hours as soon as you can, weather this is by instructing, aerial photography or any other kind of GA work. By the way single pilot op requirements means air taxi work is generally a non starter for low timers.

Had my first interview with 300 hours a couple years back, then not a thing until I reached over 700 hours then in the space of three months invited to six interviews (my previous posts say 5 well had one further phonecall since).

Assesments attended were Club 328, Cityjet(aptitude tests), Third company will remain nameless as this is the job I accepted,

Further invitaions to interview from IOS Skybus, DHL, Cityjet (interview invitation as a result of aptitude tests) and another charter outfit South of London, but had to decline as I already accepted an offer from the third interview.

Mid way through the rating at the moment. I built my hours from about a year and half of part time instructing and one season full time instructing. So in all it was three and a half years from qualifiying to getting the first job offer; however if I had taken the plunge with full time instructing I think the a job would have arisen sooner. So don't waste time hoping something will turn up go out and find any flying position. People talk about networking well if you are flying full time in any capacity you will meet the right people by default, you won't need to make an effort to network.