PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2008, 09:13
egnxema

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So where is dumdumbrain when we need him?

There are two ways to look at the FR BHX announcement.

Firstly - as stated, many of the routes are not served from EMA, so were any of them destined for EMA?

BUT - as there is very very limited overlap with EMA does this show FR are (at this stage) not trying to canibalise the EMA base?

There certainly seems to have been no public disagreement with EMA suggesting they are "moving" to BHX, it more clearly seems to be FR moving in on BE (and also WW).

It is a shame some of the routes have not been announced from EMA - in fact it seems a while since an FR EMA announcement.

Does anyone know, out of interest, of any issues between FR and EMA?

Interesting that FR have gone on to the Oslo and Stockholm routes out of BHX, both NB routes from EMA - they didn't want a head on fight with NB?

I am glad about this - as some LOCO diversity is good for EMA, but for all that FR get negative comments from some, when you look at the pax numbers in winter these past couple of years, and look at the mid-January departures board, EMA has been enlivened by FR's presence.

I well remeber the days of a few lonely BD DC9s and a couple of BY flights on weekdays in Jan in the past.

So I, for one, am hoping that FR's will continue to grow out of EMA. They have stated the hope to increase to 10 aircraft at BHX - lets hope they increase to 10 at EMA first