PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blue Angels Crash (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2008, 09:04
Jack Aubrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being reluctant to doubt BEagle's encyclopedic knowledge and huge experience of high G maneuvering, aerobatic display flying, aggressive formation rejoins in a time critical phase of a display and, of course, his similarly expert knowledge and training in aviation medicine, I will merely comment thus…

1. Beagle has remarked and expressed an opinion on a report from a press association which has seen the US Navy report and published it’s own interpretation.

2. BOAC, some pages back, has quite correctly identified that G suits are as much about reducing fatigue as about aiding G tolerance.

3. It might be the case that a reasonable person might assume that the leader and members of one of the most highly respected formation display teams in this world might actually be qualified and able to make a balanced judgment on the pros and cons of the equipment they fly with.

4. It might also be reasonable to assume that the chain of command who have supported such decisions might, likewise, be competent.

Whilst Beagle might consider that his experience, wisdom, intellect and judgment are much greater, sadly I disagree.

I also disagree with his eagerness to post his asinine drivel when the purpose of this thread is to remember and pay respect to a fallen member of an international band of brothers!

I could, however, be wrong.