PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2008, 06:21
Powerjet1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Given LTN's ongoing problems with Luton Borough Council regarding future expansion and the Concession, I'm sure LTN will be overtaken by both BHX & EDI in terms of pax, and rightly so. LBC will soon be seeing the results of its failure to capitalise on its one major asset , the airport.

Stagnation & downturn are close on the horizon and ryanairs decision today re BHX will not do it any favours. Also easy & ryan are very happy that price capping at STN will remain, so no help here. SKy Europe back to STN ?.

Regarding ryanair, it's base at LTN must have one, if not the smallest ratios of based units to routes flown, ie 3.25 routes per aircraft. Most bases are much more, ie EMA, LPL, BRS & now BHX, BOH. This is probabably due to the fact that just about every route is flown from STN. So would we see more routes from ryan @ LTN, to say 20/25, by reducing the frequency on some existing destinations, probably not.

When MOL, added the the 3 addional based units,to the existing the then 1, he mentioned that he saw LTN probably having 7/8 based aircraft. Now, even if they could find space to night stop, I doubt Abertis would agree to a deal.

To summarise then, at LTN, is the future bright, is the future Orange, (or blue or purple) probably not, more likely black, i'm sorry to say.